Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Only Tuesday and I am so tired!

Chip, President and CEO of Dachshund Security, LLC here-   we have had such a challenging year that just thinking about it makes me want to get on the couch and curl up under the blankies.  This, of course, does NOT include what taking care of WHN does- at least I have an iron constitution and some help finally with that chore!~  NEVER expected my life to be this interesting when I signed up back in September of 21009, back when I came along from DRNA to help Ginger keep WHN sane (and we did our best, let me tell you!  First, Thai moves in three months after I do and I have to teach him the rules of the house and the pecking order- that worked out great.  He never left as he was supposed to- WHN and Dad adopted him eight months into his tenure with the DWM.  Then, a year later, in July 2011, we take this four hour car ride- to pick up yet another dachshund "foster"- you all know her as Tasha.  THAT lasted 22 hours before Dad forced WHN to call DRNA and let them know she was staying furever.  A month later, Dad was laid off and we had to help him out.  In October of 2011, Anna Rose, the wife of Max Da Odder Brudder joined us and helped out enormously- she helped Dad cope.  It was great seeing the mutual love they had for each other.  We though our pack was complete- two slaves and five dachsies, just right!  BUT NO!  The Rainbow Bridge came calling and took Ginger away, breaking WHN's heart and keeping her in bed for a couple of weeks. Then Thai left in June of last year, and our hearts broke again.  Two weeks later, Dad got a great job here in St Louis and we had to help WHN get the house packed and ready for a new life in a new state- did I mention how much work she makes for us?  We don't get paid enough- but combat pay would be nice!  The DWM had just about gotten settled in and WHN "handled" to our liking when Anna Rose died, leaving WHN and Dad simply ghosts of themselves, especially Dad.  We, Tasha and myself, had no idea how to act with just two of us- we were used to the patter of dachsie feet times 5, and two was simply too quiet for us.  Then the phone rang and WHN started coming out of her shell when she learned that there was a dachshund who needed a place to stay as he had had a tough time and would we take him in? Of course she said yes,without consulting us, but we knew it might not work- he was supposed to be a biter and did not like peeps very much- we were probably his last resort.  Dad and she loaded us up in the car and we went and picked up this  4 yr old red and white piebald monster named Snoopy- barking his head off like a teenager, but quieting down once he got Dad to pick him up. (Just like Anna Rose, BTW- he saw the flashing sucker sign on Dad's forehead and knew who he had to convince!)  Once we got home, we gave him a talking to- he is only a foster and NOT staying furever!  No way Jose! Tasha and he tend to avoid each other,except where squeaky toys are concerned, and lets him know who is boss.  I made him a security guard and he gets the worst shifts so I can finally get some rest.  At night, he sleeps with WHN, facing the door since the squirrel army in this neighborhood could try to sneak in at any time.  When Dad gets home from work, he takes charge of him and makes sure he is safe until bedtime.  He is coming along nicely- everything we were told about him was wrong, and he is ging to puppy school once a week- but his anxiety gets the better of him even when we are with him for support.  He is learning his commands but school just scares him.  He is good in the car and does not try to steal our food either.  He loves WHN and adores Dad (who is the real soft touch in this family) 

Lately, we are starting to suspect that there are changes in the air that we are not going to like- and they all revolve around the Snoopster.  WHN and Dad keep looking at him and start whispering to each other and give us lots more cuddle time too- even giving Snoopy the sling when he wants it.  For the life of me I can't figure out what is going on- WHN is usally so easy to read, and there are no tears involved this time, so I am really confused.  So I am begging BLogville for help- WHAT IS GOING ON?  

8 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

We know what it is.... We know....
Maybe it is that you are gonna have STEAK fur Supper EVERY night fur a WEEK.

OR... It could be that they are gonna sleep on the FLOOR tonight and let You all have the FULL BED!!!

stellaroselong said...

My words you have had quite a year haven't you, I can relate to all the changes sad, and happy in your home. Isn't it great tho that by bringing snoopy home your momma and daddy are smiling more! Ummmm....I wonder just what the secret is.....
You know you only live like 4 hours away from us, and you can come and have supper with us any night of the week, (as long as we order take out) I wouldn't want you to go home with the stomach sickness! (also known as moms cooking)
stella rose

Sweet William The Scot said...

Well I cannot help you out cause I don't know what is going on but if there are no tears that is a good sign. What a year you have had.
Thanks for stopping by my blog
Sweet William The Scot

Dachshund Nola said...

I know, I know! I feel so bad for the losses you've had.
Nola
Ps. Mom uses cooked chicken, ground beef, string cheese, Cheerios, turkey, Bil*Jac treats, Zuke's Mini Naturals, freeze dried chicken liver, blueberries, strawberries, cooked sweet potato and squash for my treats.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

OMD....Me just gets dis feeling dat your pawrents are great big FAILURES! And Brudder Max (DaOdderWeenie) told me dat his sweet wife, Anna Rose, barked at him in a dream the other night that you might not be the only two weenies in the house anymore. HMMMMMM...what did she mean by that???

Millie and Walter said...

I think I know what's up but I wouldn't want to guess and get it wrong. I bet you find out soon enough.

Millie

Lisa said...

Hum....I don't know what the secret is but I sure do enjoy hearing from you. I love your posts and my Sophie & Lucy understand about the squirrels...wow we have a squirrel nest in our backyard and those suckers drive us crazy...and we have chipmunks.. geeze the work to keep our parents safe...

ShellePenn said...

Here are many hugs from us to you. xx

Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/