Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A GREAT New Blog- http://www.doxiteers.com/

The Doggie I Asked For……
I asked for strength that I might rear him perfectly;
I was given weakness that I might feed him more treats.
I asked for good health that I might rest easy; I was given a "special needs" dog that I might know nurturing.
I asked for an obedient dog that I might feel proud; I was given stubbornness that I might feel humble.
I asked for compliance that I might feel masterful; I was given a clown that I might laugh.
I asked for a companion that I might not feel lonely; I was given a best friend that I would feel loved.
I got nothing I asked for, But everything that I needed.

Author Unknown



What's Her Name stole this poem from a great new blog- 


http://www.doxiteers.com/ 


The poem certainly holds true- especially wiht The Thai Master and his Cushings and Princess Snausage (aka Ginger) who, while claiming to be housebroken, certainly leaves a great many lake effect puddles in her wake on a daily basis!


 

3 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

What a grrrreat poem..
and sooooo dachshund like, fur sure.

Can't wait to Swim with all of you!

A MilShelb Mom said...

We love the poem! thanks for sharing!
~Milly and Shelby

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Beautiful poem...should be called Ode to da Weenie Dogs.