Followers

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

RAINBOW BRIDGE ALERT- Tasha

The DWM has lost the remaining founding member, Tasha Queen of the Unstuffed Stuffed Squeaky Toys.  A mass had been found on her liver last May and while Sweetie and Anna have been the direct beneficiaries of the medical care, Tasha was always looked after with the hope that once everything surrounding her sisters ended, she would get the care she needed.

Unfortunately, that was not to be.  She has gradually been losing weight over the last three months, culminating with a drastic drop the last month.  Then the last two weeks saw her turn into skin and bones, with her fur falling out. This past weekend saw her appetite start to waver and her mobility started giving out Monday.  Last night she was up every two hours, but could no longer stand- she fell over and could not move.  She and I stayed up after the third such turn, spending the night wrapped up in her couch blankets and she in her sling under my night gown- we watched the sun rise and had some mommy and Tashina time.  some time before six, I knew in my heart that it was time to let her go

So, Dad made the appointment ....  I took her for a meal of chicken nuggets at her favorite drive thru, and then home for an extended beauty nap- not that she needed one.  We left for the vet around 2:45, and arrived too early.  For once there was no traffic.  The vet techs got her ready with an iv, and I held her for a while longer, with her Dad in the room.  Then the vet came in and Geoff left- Tasha stayed in the sling next to my heart for the rest of her life.  After some time had passed, I gave her over and we left, me barely able to walk, clutching her bankie and sling for dear life.

She comes home in two weeks, and she will never leave me again.



































Tasha, Queen of my Heart-  until we meet again  (1 November 2004 - 7 February 2018)

15 comments:

Sheltie Times said...

Run fast and free over the bridge.

There are never good or easy words at a time like this. Know that she went feeling loved and comforted by you. Peace and God Bless.

easyweimaraner said...

my tears are running with yours.... hugs and lots of potp to you all...

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are so very sorry to hear about Tasha. Purrs of comfort and paws of sympathy for your loss.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Agnes and Geoff..... I'm so sorry. Our Holly left just one week ago and I know she was there to greet Tasha. I know you guys feel very empty now but keep all the good memories close and safe in your heart because that's where Tasha will live forever. Sending lots of hugs.

♥♥♥♥♥

Millie and Walter said...

Your pictures bring back lovely memories of my meeting sweet Tasha. Millie & Walter are sending lots of POTP to all of you. Until we meet again, fair well Sweet Tasha.

The Army of Four said...

We are so terribly sorry for your loss. We know you will meet again one day - for now, carry her in your heart.
Cam, Mags, and our mom

NanaNor's said...

This is just heartbreaking-I am so sorry for your loss. Your words and comments have me in tears. May she run free and live forever in your heart.
Hugs,
Noreen and Hunter

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so very sorry for your loss. Huge hugs to you♥

Idaho PugRanch said...

We are so sorry that it was Tasha's time. Sending you lots of pug hugs and prayers of comfort
hugs
Hazel, Mabel & Mom

ZOOLATRY said...

Farewell, beautiful lady. You shall not be forgotten.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

my heart is just breaking from your loss, I am so deeply, deeply sorry (((hugs))) DakotasDen

catladymac said...

So sorry you lost your precious Tascha. She will still be watching out for you !

Ruby and Penny said...

So sorry for your loss.
Love Penny & Angel Ruby.

Katherine said...

We just read this. So sorry to hear about Tasha going OTR. Pug hugs and kisses to you. Run free Tasha.
Love Noodles

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am sorry we were not friends with Sasha on the mortal side but Foley met her at the Bridge and they run and play together everyday