Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Sweetie Update

Sweetie  will be coming home today, paralyzed in her rear legs.  Unfortunately she had absolutely no improvement at all.

So, our lives enter a new phase-  providing Sweetie with the nursing that she will need the rest of her life. We will be learning how to express her bladder and rectum, via  a towel/harness until we have the funds with which to purchase her a cart. She is happy and we will keep her happy and healthy to the best of our ability.

3 comments:

Collie222 said...

There is someone who makes those carts for free. If I come across the website I'll send you a link.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Agnes and Geoff....I'm so sorry to hear about Sweetie. I have been in exactly the same place as you are now with my "heart dog", Ginger. She became paralyzed at the end of 1992 at the age of 4 1/2. She adapted way beyond our expectations. She was also my inspiration for starting my website. Her story and how she adapted (and how we adapted) is at the following link.

www.allthedogsinmylife.com/Ginger3.html

At the end of that page there is also a link to her "Rainbow Bridge" residence page which also tells her story of paralysis.

Ginger was amazing and never knew she had a disability. She could run just as fast as the others.

I hope her story will help you a little in understanding this isn't the end of the world for Sweetie..or you. If she's a fighter, she'll do just fine. Maybe even without a cart the way Ginger did.

Sending hugs to all.

Anonymous said...

Mom and I will say prayers that all of you have the strength that you need to adapt to this new normal. Sweetie is in the right place with the right people.

Happy, healing thoughts from Cupcake and Mom