Followers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A gift from GINGER

 Last night, our vet tech, Miss Sandy, dropped off Ginger's paw print and a tiny envelope with some of her fur.  WHN was at her Women's Renewal group, and knew of the paw print, but not the fur.  These treasures now reside, well wrapped up in a runner made by WHN, in her jewelry box, easily accessible.  Dad cried when he got these gifts- the fur especially got to him.  Ginger was taken to the mortuary yesterday afternoon after 2 PM, and her ashes will be returned to us next Monday.  Dad has been busy trying to find the perfect urn for her, and she will stay in our bedroom.  We have been taking it one day at a time, and while the crying has started to ease ( WHN is at least presentable to the outside world), the aching hearts have not.  Anna Rose is completely lost without Ginger and is getting lots of extra Daddy and Me time.  Tasha and Chip are sticking like Velcro to WHN and Thai is being Thai!  Thank you for everything - the comments, posts and emails have been of great help and we could not have done this without your love and support.


11 comments:

Millie and Walter said...

That is so beautiful and thoughtful of the vet to include the hair. I'm glad to hear your hearts are on the mend. I think of all of you often and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone next week.

Love,

Cindy

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Ginger is still very much with your family and always will be.

Hugs...

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I think these thingys will be such a comforting reminder of our beloved Ginger.

How very VERY thoughtful of your vet to have done this fur you all.

Healing HUGS from our Hill.

Ruby and Penny said...

We are thinking about you.
Love Ruby & Penny

Unknown said...

I know I loved my Billy's paw print. But never got any of his hair. 8*(

Finn said...

That paw print is just beautiful!

A MilShelb Mom said...

What sweet things to have to remember her by.
~Milly and Shelby

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a great way to remember sweet Ginger
Snuggles
Benny & Lily

Maureen said...

When I lost my beloved Tucker, the vet's office asked if I wanted a paw print and I was too heartbroken and said no. A year or so later I was cleaning out of box of miscellaneous paperwork and I found an envelope with his muddy paw print on it. Tucker knew that I would need something from him and left it for me to find one day.

I treasure that yellowing envelope with all my heart. I know how much Ginger's final gift to you means.

Sending you much love - Maureen

Unknown said...

Im so glad you have those treasures, it does get easier every day. We have only been without fred for a few weeks and he was so young when he passed, its hard and we offer big hugs to all of you.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Oh Agnes, my heart goes out to you. When I read this post it made me cry again. When my Samantha died in my arms the Vet tech cut some of her hair and gave it to me. It's still in the little clear bag they put it in next to the black Velvet box that has her ashes. She is right next to the computer in a bookshelve were I can talk to her whenever I want. She is always in my heart as Ginger and April will be.

God Bless.........Sarah